Saturday, July 16, 2011

Show Girl in Hollywood (1930)

I somehow missed this on TCM when I was putting together my recording schedule for this month, but I saw in just in time to record it and I’m glad I did. It was a fun little early talkie staring the always fun Alice White, but the good part came at the end. During the last few minutes, the characters are arriving at a movie premier, and when on of the characters gets out of the car, he has two woman with him, but wait a minute, that blonde looks familiar, could it be? The blonde then says a little line, and a few minutes later we see them again sitting in the theater, it sure looks like her. So I grabbed my filmography and sure enough, it was Natalie Moorhead, in one of her first movies, it wasn’t much but a very important part of her history, and now I have over half of her 64 movies, so close yet so far away.

No comments:

Post a Comment