Saturday, December 19, 2009

I Take This Woman (1940)

I wanted to see this movie for Verree Teasdale, in my opinion she is probably the best actress to never become a star, heck, she rarely had a leading role, but she stole every movie she was in and this movie is a prime example. Spencer Tracy and Hedy Lamarr are the stars here, yet I challenge anyone to argue that they were better than Verree. But what to my surprise, in the scene towards the beginning when Hedy goes back to her old modeling place to talk to Verree, is miss Natalie Moorhead, working in the store, and she even gets a few lines. Wow, I didn’t know she was in this movie when I saw it in September, I think this may have been the moment I decided to start my research. This is from the rare time when she became a brunette, blonde or brunette she is always gorgeous to me.



No comments:

Post a Comment