Monday, November 28, 2011

Silver Screen magazine 1931



I know it’s been a long time since I last posted, but I’ve been very busy with other projects, and haven’t had time to do much research or watch movies. But I did finally find the Sept 1931 issue of Silver Screen magazine, the only magazine that I know of that had a feature on Natalie Moorhead. I’ve been searching for years, the problem was I knew of the article, the magazine, and the year, but not which month, finally I stumble upon it and probably spent more than I should have, but I had to have it. The story is fun, but nothing I didn’t already know, still sounds like a Hollywood made up story, which doesn’t help when trying to find some real information. I really need to find someone alive who knew Natalie, so many questions, and no way of finding the answers. Although the story wasn’t anything new, the issue did have some other great stuff like a feature on Ruth Chatterton, one of my favorites, plus a story on the great Clara Bow, oh and I can’t forget the Natalie Moorhead Maybelline ad. Hopefully soon I can start adding some more reviews and information, I’m currently looking into Natalie’s three (or is it 4) husbands, stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment